Current Position > Home >

1.Do I need to pay an application fee?

Chinese government scholarship students and International Chinese language teachers scholarship applicants do NOT need to pay the application fee while other scholarships and self-funded students have to pay an application fee of CNY400 and it is not refundable.

2. Can I apply for a Chinese government scholarship without a HSK certificate?

You can apply CSC scholarships either through an embassy or the University. To get a CSC scholarship from the Embassy, you are not necessarily required to provide a HSK certificate. You’d better get a pre-admission letter from us so that the chance of winning the scholarship is higher. But if you apply for a scholarship directly from the University, a HSK 3 or above is a must for undergraduate programs while a HSK 4 or above is necessary for master’s and doctoral programs.

3. Should I mail hard copies of the application documents to the University after I finish online application?

No. You do not have to mail the documents. We accept all necessary documents through the websites.

4. Is an interview required to be considered for admission?

Online interviews are a required part of the admission process for degree pursuers. You’ll receive an email regarding WeChat interview once you pass the initial review. Please add us on WeChat and send us your nationality and passport number to the designated WeChat account and be punctual to attend the interview.

5. Does Chinese government scholarship cover plane tickets?

Most of Chinese government scholarships do not cover plane tickets. But some programs which you apply via the embassy do provide tickets. Please consult the embassy directly for more information.

6. When can I know the admission result?

Usually, it takes about 2-3 weeks to process Chinese language program after the submission of application. The admission result for degree programs, however, won’t be released until June or July.

7. How to check my application status?

President scholarship and self-funded applicants can visit https://lut.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx for updates. CSC students please check your status by email.International Chinese language teachers scholarship applicants please please visit cis.chinese.cn.

8. When should I pay tuition fee? May I pay a portion of tuition fee at a time?

You should pay tuition before or on registration date by Alipay. And you are required to pay for at least one semester at a time.

9. Who should write my letters of recommendation?

We prefer letters from professors/associate professors of your previous university. We do not accept letters from friends, co-workers, etc.

10. I’ve studied at more than one schools. Which transcripts must I submit?

To apply as an undergraduate student, we expect full transcripts from your high school. You should submit full transcripts from any college or university you got your bachelor’s degree when applying as a master’s student.

11. Do I have to present my application documents to the University once I get admitted?

Since you have uploaded soft copies of these documents on the application websites, we require you bring your original diploma, transcripts, Chinese language certificate, photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, financial guarantee letter for further review on registration.